Mid-Cities Scholarship Applications must be postmarked by by the third friday in January:
|January 20, 2017|
|Submit Applications to:||
Mid-Cities Creativity is proud to announce that we will be offering a scholarship for the current Tournament Season. The scholarship winner will receive $500 which will be paid directly to the college or other education institution that the winner will attend. The winner will be announced at the Mid-Cities Creativity regional tournament.
We also encourage you to check out the scholarships awarded by DISC - the Destination Imagination Support Committee
- currently reside in the Mid-Cities Creativity Region
- have participated for a minimum of 3 years in Destination Imagination or other Creative Problem Solving Program sponsored by the Mid-Cities Region. At least one of those 3 years of participation must have been at the Secondary (High School) Level
- currently be a senior in high school and planning to attend any post secondary educational institution or four year college
Mid-Cities Scholarship Challenge
Your task is to download the scholarship application (MS Word) and submit to the Scholarship Committee by the deadline.
Your application and all supporting documents must be postmarked by the deadline indicated above.
Procedure (see scholarship application for specifics):
- Document your involvement in Destination Imagination including years of participation, challenges solved, special awards, volunteer involvement and tournament advancement.
- Write a 500 word creative essay on one of the three topics listed in the application. The essay will be scored on creativity, relevance, grammar and spelling (you ARE going to college, after all).
- Submit original copies of your most current high school transcript and SAT, ACT or PSAT scores.
- Submit a recommendation letter from a team manager or other adult volunteer in Destination ImagiNation.
Scoring: You will be scored on (in order of importance)
- Creative Essay
- Number of years participation in Creative Problem Solving
- Volunteer Involvement in Mid-Cities Creativity Region Activities
- Letter of recommendation from a team manager or other adult volunteer
- Special CPS awards received
- Advancement in CPS tournaments
- Other (non CPS) volunteer involvement
Questions? email the cccompton [at] texasdi [dot] org (subject: Mid-Cities%20Scholarship%20Questions) (Regional Director)